10 free tools for planning and managing marketing campaigns
Marketing tools making life easier for small businesses
As a small business your marketing activities will include; research, planning, design, implementing campaigns and measurement.
Here are some useful free tools for planning and managing marketing campaigns that have lasted the test of time…
Updated: January 2023
- Google Trends – helps you to see what people are searching for and where they are located.
- AdWords Keyword Planner – helps you to see what search terms related to your services/products are highly searched and the competition for these terms.
- Hubspot blog – it’s full of templates, tips and resources to help business owners and marketers at every level
Planning & management tools
- Excel or Google Sheets – it’s the must have tool for every marketing planner so you can see at a glance what is happening, where and when
- Every company needs a CRM system. The good news for small businesses is, when you are starting out you can get the basic solutions from top providers for free, including HubSpot, Insightly and ZoHo CRM (ZoHo offers free support). Although once you get to a certain size and need more users and features you will have to pay.
- Canva – helping you to design fabulous graphics, flyers, info-graphics, presentations,website layouts, CVs and more… only drag and drop knowledge required!
- WordPress – one of the world’s best website content management systems (CMS) and it’s free… with a little time and studying there is unlimited scope and possibilities for small business websites, ecommerce sites, blogs and more.
- MailChimp – free email marketing system sending up to 2500 emails per month… so what are you waiting for? There’s no cost barrier to getting started on your email marketing campaigns.
- Meta Buiness Suite – easily manage your Instagram and Facebook posting in one place – quickly duplicate and edit posts or create stories across multiple pages and accounts, as well as managing other assets such as Meta ads and shop catalogues.
- Google Analytics – want to know how your website is performing and help it to perform better? There’s no better free tool out there
- SEMRush – check out your website’s SEO performance and against your key competitors with a one off free report. You’ll need to pay to get multiple reports and indepth analysis.
If you like the sound of any of the free tools for planning and managing marketing campaigns, but you arn’t sure where to start please get in touch for a free 30 minute consultation.