Making life easier for small businesses
As a small business your marketing is likely focus on various activities including; research, planning, design, implementing campaigns and measurement.
Here are some useful free digital marketing tools that can help you to save a bit of time and money along the way.
- Google Trends – helps you to see what people are searching for and where they are located.
- AdWords Keyword Planner – helps you to see what search terms related to your services/products are highly searched and the competition for these terms.
Planning & management tools
- Slickplan – struggling to plan your new website? Here’s a drag and drop tool to create an interactive sitemap. Free for up to one site.
- Every company needs a CRM system. The good news for small businesses is, when you are starting out you can get the basic solutions from top providers for free, including HubSpot, Insightly and ZoHo CRM (ZoHo offers free support). Although once you get to a certain size and need more users and features you will have to pay.
- Canva – helping you to design fabulous graphics, flyers, info-graphics, presentations, CVs and more… only drag and drop knowledge required!
- WordPress – one of the world’s best website content management systems (CMS) and it’s free… with a little time and studying there is unlimited scope and possibilities for small business websites, ecommerce sites, blogs and more.
- MailChimp – free email marketing system for up to 2000 email addresses (sending up to 12,000 emails)… so what are you waiting for? There’s no cost barrier to getting started on your email marketing campaigns.
- Hootsuite – for posting and reviewing social media updates across all the main social networks. You can manage 3 social media accouts for free.
- Google Analytics – want to know how your website is performing and help it to perform better? There’s no better free tool out there.
- Quill Engage – for an automated hand written report of your Google Analytics data, emailed to you each week. The time and money this will save you on reporting could be huge.
Hope this was useful. Please share your favourite free digital marketing tools that help you to save time and money.